Garcinia Cambogia is a powerful weight loss supplement. This extract is obtained from the dried parts of the fruit named Garcinia Cambogia or Malabar Tamarind that offers several health benefits. This fruit includes HCA or Hydroxycitric Acid, which is very effective for weight loss. Besides, this component also has an impact on the production of new fatty acids. And it also helps the users to control their appetite.
HCA extract is available mostly in pill or powdered form and it can be purchased under different names like Garcinia Cambogia Extract, Garcinia, Garcinia Cambogia, Garcinia gummi-gutta, Garcinia diet supplement, and Garcinia complex, etc.
Guide to choosing the right Garcinia Cambogia supplement:
There are several types of Garcinia Cambogia supplements available in the market in the forms of capsules, tablets, powder, etc. So, it is on every user to decide the right option for him/her. But it is important to ensure that the supplement is taken in the recommended dosage. Different studies have recommended that Garcinia Cambogia supplements should be taken at least 30-60 minutes before the meal on an empty stomach. And the recommended dosage is 500mg- 3 times every day. This ensures that the supplement has the perfect effect when the body processes the food.
The best supplements of Garcinia Cambogia must include 50% of HCA in its formula. Besides, the benefits of this supplement can be mostly experienced in case your supplement includes effective mineral salts. You can experience an increase in HCA absorption when taken with mineral salts like potassium and calcium. So, it is necessary to find out whether your supplement has the right percentage of HCA along with the right mineral salts.
The right dosage of Garcinia Cambogia supplement depends on many factors like the health and age of the users and other important conditions. So, it is important to follow the right directions mentioned on the product labels. And you should also consult with your healthcare professional before using this product.
What benefits Garcinia Cambogia can offer?
- Reduced appetite: The active ingredient in Garcinia Cambogia increases serotonin in the brain. Research has proved that higher levels of Serotonin in the blood can reduce appetite. This way, Garcinia Cambogia suppresses appetite, and it makes you full. But this effect often varies from one individual to another.
- Reduced belly fat and blocked fat production:Garcinia Cambogia prevents the production of new fatty acids by affecting the blood fats and decreasing oxidative stress in the body. It is also very effective in decreasing the body fat level in overweight people while lowering the chance of weight gain. So, if you are having fat around the buttocks and belly, then regular intake of this supplement can lead to reduced fat levels.
- Increased energy:Most of the users mention that when they supplement their existing calorie-reduced, healthy diet with Garcinia Cambogia weight loss supplement, they feel more energy that continues throughout the day. As a result, they feel more active and more inclined to exercise regularly to burn more calories. But this never influences the weight directly.
- Anti-diabetes effect:Obese or overweight people are more prone to develop type 2 diabetes than others. Garcinia Cambogia improves triglyceride levels in the blood and promotes weight loss. This way, it reduces the chance of developing type 2 diabetes. This product also helps to improve blood sugar balance, reduces inflammation, and increases insulin sensitivity.
- Better athletic performance: This supplement also enhances the athletic stability of the users. According to studies, consuming Garcinia Cambogia supplement increases the endurance level among the users during exercise. It also prevents the users to feel quickly exhausted.
- Helps with depression: The organic compounds in Garcinia Cambogia decreases the tendency towards depression through the release of serotonin or the “pleasure” or “satisfaction” hormone. By losing weight by using this herbal extract, one can feel encouraged and uplifted. And the mood stabilization factor often helps to treat long-term depression.
- Reduces stress:Preliminary studies mention that the availability of HCA in the extract of Garcinia Cambogia regulates the cortisol levels in the blood, which is one of the commonest stress hormones. By controlling anxiety and reducing the stress level, this supplement can help to improve the functioning ability and health of the organs while cutting down on the oxidative stress throughout the body.
- Lowered cholesterol level:Apart from offering the weight loss benefits, Garcinia Combogia extras also help to optimize cholesterol levels in the body. More specifically, this supplement helps to increase good cholesterol (HDL) levels in the body while lowering bad cholesterol (LDL) levels. This thing prevents the scope of strokes, heart attacks, and atherosclerosis while offering the users more energy to perform their daily jobs.
- Fights with free radicals: Studies have proved that the extract of Garcinia includes antioxidants, which can fight free radicals effectively. The free radicals are responsible for damaging lipids, DNA, protein, and bimolecules.
- Relief from Rheumatoid Arthritis:This supplement is also beneficial in treating arthritis. So, it is recommended for treating bone and joint inflammation, and other rheumatic pains.
Taking Garcinia Cambogia supplements is not safe when you are pregnant or breastfeeding and in case you have some liver diseases. According to research, this supplement can damage the liver of people with existing liver diseases. This supplement can also worsen mania in bipolar disorder. So, you must not use this supplement if you are suffering from bipolar disorder. So, you must avoid using Garcinia Cambogia for weight loss in those situations.
There are some side effects that you can experience if you use this supplement during pregnancy, breastfeeding, or liver diseases.
- Skin rashes
- Digestive upset
- Common cold
- Lower blood sugar
- Dry mouth
- Lowered immune function
- Lack of mental clarity
Apart from that, there are pieces of evidence that this supplement can interact with some medications prescribed for kidney and liver disease and diabetes. So, if you have any of these issues, consult with your doctor before taking this supplement.